Password Issues - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

06-10-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    Hi

I have changed my password successfully on my computer but this is not being recognised on my IPhone or tablet.

Have you any suggestions?
    Many Thanks

David

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Guido
    08-30-20
    hi David, as you say, the problem seems regarding your devices. have you saved your PW on iCloud to recall it with your iPhone? if you are using a Mac, try to do again the log in (on the computer) and when asked save the PW in your Key Chain.
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

06-10-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I do not use iCloud.

My iPhone is sync'd with my work computer. We use Microsoft outlook for e-mail. Surely I should be able to log on from the phone. The IPad is not connected to my computer. Its my wife's and has internet access. I can connect on the phone and Ipad without any difficulty to ebay, Paypal and other log in websites?
    Whilst I can access the F800 Riders forum and read the various options threads etc. on the iPhone and iPad. I cannot post until I log in which I can only do on the computer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    David

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Motorcycle
    '19 Chopper
    Motorcycle
    '18 Gran Rapido Lusso
    It seems that your browsers on your iPhone and tablet are auto-entering your old password. Please clear your cache/cookies and refresh the page, also check the browser settings for 'saved passwords' to ensure your old password is no longer listed. Once you try again with your new password, make sure you have the 'remember me' box checked off by the login fields.

Give that a try and let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Nate

7. Thanks guidoveloce thanked for this post

Real Name
    Guido
    08-30-20
    there is not any restriction to log in to the forum using different computers or mobile devices. on your iPhone (and your wife's iPad) do you use the app dedicated to this forum or Tapatalk? if so, I'm sorry but I cannot give you any tip to solve your problem because I don't know these apps. if instead you use Safari, you should be able to log in and keep the access if you check the box "remember me" in the log in frame. the iPhone version of the site has a different interface, but probably it's possible to switch to the traditional interface. on the iPad I use the traditional interface, in truth I don't know if the Safari version for iPad uses also the mobile friendly interface. to post replies I must log in with each device or Mac that I'm using, otherwise, if I log in with only one device or computer I can use only that one to post. but I use an old iPhone and also an iPad as much old, the newest OS (if I'm not wrong the OS 11) should let you switch from the iPhone and iPad, but I suppose only if both devices are under the same WiFi and logged in using the same account.
    I suggest you to create a free iCloud account, it makes the file sharing with both devices very easy and keeps all your information in a safe way.
    just for notice, Mail can easily communicate with Outlook and other e-mail clients, it's very simple: just add your account that you use on Outlook in the accounts list of Mail.
    "putenza du gibbiuni!" dissi u sceccu quannu vitti u mari... ("what a big pool!" said the donkey when has seen the sea...) 

Motorcycle
    '19 Chopper
    Motorcycle
    '18 Gran Rapido Lusso
    Hello, please follow the tips made by Nate and guidoveloce and let us know if you still have any issues.

Best regards,

Ed

06-10-19
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '16 F800GT
    Hi
    Have had success on the IPad but not the IPhone.
    This will do me for now.
    To All
    Many thanks for your much valued help and advice.
    Kind Regards
    David

Real Name
    Guido
    08-30-20
    have you cleared the cache on the iPhone? when asked, insert the PW manually, don't let the iPhone uses the saved password, check the box "remember me" and then save the new PW. you can also try to switch to the traditional interface, maybe it could work better (even if should be the same).