Corona virus - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1630

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Daboo, I just watched that video that you posted yesterday and loved it. While being very sarcastic, it made sense to me, being as how I spent 35 years in public service and learned not to trust what politicians do or say. Unfortunately, most of their decisions seem more to do with both money and power than what is really good for the public that they serve.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

07-05-21
    Richard and Daboo, you both seem to have learned nothing about the coronavirus. I've read some of your older posts and the themes are the same as what you bleat just above, despite the issues that confound you having been explained over and over.

4. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by RidaMile View Post
    Richard and Daboo, you both seem to have learned nothing about the coronavirus. I've read some of your older posts and the themes are the same as what you bleat just above, despite the issues that confound you having been explained over and over.

What I am worried about is the world's economy going down the drain, leaving tens of millions of people without work and with no source of income. How will they live and what will their lives be like in the future? There needs to be a balance between protecting people from the virus and keeping people and their families from being homeless and from starving. Right now I am not seeing the scales balanced. It is all about the fear of getting sick and what it will do to hospitals and to the medical community. While that is certainly important, there are other things that are also important and affect people's lives. I don't think there is enough emphasis being placed on keeping businesses open and people employed, especially when the politicians and medical professionals making the rules are fully employed and don't seem to be concerned about verifying that their restrictions and rules actually are helping to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

6. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

07-05-21
    Yeah, posts like that one.

This very important theme has been discussed. The countries that put the dollar first have very high numbers of Covid and still have trashed economies.

Countries that worked to reduce the spread had lower covid numbers and their economies are in better shape.

Any country that chose a known crooked and failed businessman who fanned the flames of hatred and supported a population with its gun ownership higher than its IQ is now in a pickle.

8. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    What lockdown, the beaches were full, the streets were full, the bars were full, the rallies were full, still cant figure out the face mask, "Oh what abought fatigue" ,,,, "oh what abought thanksgiving",,, "Oh what abought Christmas",,,,,,. "Suck it up!!",,. Bunch of Dum Asses expecting the results the nest place got and doing nothing,,. "It is what it is",,!!

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    ...Uh-oh. So I went to my doctor and got tested. No results yet from the test...but I don't feel sick at all...
    I warmly wish you and your family to stay healthy
    That said, read the following cases: last summer a friend told me that a colleague of him got sick... he went in ICU, his father died, his mother died, his wife had no symptoms at all (I can't remember if she got C19 or was only symptomless).
    Despite wearing the mask all day, my phisical therapist got it, he lost taste (is this the correct word?) and nothing more, his wife only mild symptoms that lasted a couple of weeks, the guy who infected him had more serious problems... Last spring, a colleague of mine got it, she was sick for one month, more or less, her husband was healthy, their little children had breathing problems for few days, and in my office, 80% of the people got sick, with mild symptoms, I had nothing, I suppose, only I felt weak for 2 or 3 weeks. It seems that symptoms (and also infectivity) can vary a lot.
    Personally, in order no avoid risks (for me and others), I stay always on my own, with almost no contact with anyone.
    I can't understand why people complain about face masks, distancing and so on: when people say masks affect their right to breath, I could say that not wearing them, they affect my right to stay healthy . Anyway, in USA you have different ideas about many other things, you can buy guns but can't split lanes when riding your bikes !!! I've just finished reading "Neither here nor there" by B. Bryson, so I should have known
    Su cunnu! 

11. Likes scf, MGD109, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    I'm not confounded at all.

Gunther, thank you for the warm wishes. I found out yesterday when we had our morning Bible Study at Damascus House that it wasn't that only 2 of the 12 men there had the virus. It was that all of them had it and only two were tested. They are all well now, and I'm fine also.

RidaMile, did you watch the video? It captures a growing sentiment in the USA and over in Europe. And it does it in a way that is funny and entertaining.

People don't mind sacrificing, if they can see the sacrifices being applied equally and fairly. They are not. Take this ABC news story as an example.

https://abc7.com/la-county-dining-ba...kuehl/8402376/
    SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- On the same day she warned about the dangers of eating at restaurants and voted to support the shutdown of in-person dining in Los Angeles County, Supervisor Sheila Kuehl dined at a restaurant in Santa Monica.

...Kuehl was among the three that upheld the dining ban, saying at the time: "Outdoor dining is probably more dangerous in terms of contagion than any other kind of business."

She said diners at restaurants "sit for hours with no masks on'' and are in close proximity to servers and patrons walking by.
    You can't make this stuff up. And it is happening all over. It also seems prevalent with the Democrat party, and especially in California. So you ask yourself, why should I make this sacrifice, when the people telling me to put on a mask, or shut my business down...are ignoring it? It's sort of like Obama telling us the world will end from Global Warming as the ocean's waters flood our coastal cities...while buying a $15 million dollar beach front home. Really?

https://www.newsweek.com/watch-cryin...boring-1552607
    Go to the article for the full story, but to sum it up, a restaurant owner is told to shut her restaurant down again...and across the street a movie set brings in identical tents to serve meals for hundreds of their employees. If it is unsafe for one...why is it not for the other?

Nancy Pelosi admitted after the election was over that she prevented a bill to give relief funds to people, solely for political purposes. She wasn't going to do anything, if President Trump might benefit. So millions of people went into poverty, so she can carry out her vendetta against one person. What happened to serving the country's citizens, not the party?

Meanwhile, she feels no discomfort at all. In April, even MSN couldn't believe the callousness she displayed as she ate her gourmet ice cream on TV...ice cream that costs $13 a pint and was stored in her $24,000 refrigerator. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...am/ar-BB12JgEv

The people telling us what is good for us...don't follow their own rules.

Meanwhile, there are some studies being published that call into question the effectiveness of lockdowns, masks and even the vaccine itself.

So I'm not going to condemn people who don't agree with what I think. As the saying goes, "Let's agree to disagree"...and part as friends.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    ......I found out yesterday when we had our morning Bible Study at Damascus House that it wasn't that only 2 of the 12 men there had the virus. It was that all of them had it and only two were tested. They are all well now, and I'm fine also....
    Glad to know you are fine Daboo but one thing I don't understand if only 2 to of the group where tested (and assume returned positive results) how do you know the other 10 had the virus without a test?
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by MGD109 View Post
    Glad to know you are fine Daboo but one thing I don't understand if only 2 to of the group where tested (and assume returned positive results) how do you know the other 10 had the virus without a test?
    Damascus House is a Christian based alcohol and drug recovery home. The residents sign up for a six month stay. They start their mornings with prayer and devotions, get a Bible study each day like the one I teach, then go off to work. The jobs they get are manual jobs, like mowing lawns, landscaping, painting, maybe building a fence, etc. And then they have some kind of evening program. The point is, that they never leave the house except for those jobs...and even there, they are working together. Maybe two or three on a job, but they are always with each other. And at the end of the day, they sleep there at the house with usually two to a room. I've always thought that if one man got a cold, it would sweep through the entire place. Amazingly, in the year I've been serving there with them, this is the first time I've seen anyone sick. And even then, no one at the table seemed sick when I was there in person.

I didn't question them on why only two were tested, or why those two were tested and not another couple guys instead. From what I heard back a week ago Thursday, they all felt like they were coming down with some kind of bug. The same bug. I suspect they tested two of them only to confirm what they felt they all had. Both test results came back positive, so the whole group quarantined themselves.

Chris

07-05-21
    The new cases in the US are currently averaging over 200 thousand per day. Deaths per day are more than the total loss of life from 9/11. Per day!

The USA continues to show how stupid its population remains.

09-20-21
    This thread reminds me of family members telling me and my brother how dangerous riding a motorcycle is. Everybody who rides doesn't die, some sadly do. We all take our own risks.

Flame on.

Sent from my overpriced fone

17. Likes Daboo liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    The new cases in the US are currently averaging over 200 thousand per day. Deaths per day are more than the total loss of life from 9/11. Per day!

The USA continues to show how stupid its population remains.
    Why do you care? You don't share where you live, but your IP address says you live in Australia. If the new cases are increasing by over 200 thousand a day...could that be because we are testing more? And does that mean that all 200,000 will die?
    Frankly, I don't trust the death figures as being accurate any more. It takes little to make anyone question them. A couple weeks ago, I read of a woman who fell from a ladder. She crushed her skull. But she tested positive for the coronavirus...and another death was chalked up to COVID-19. A friend of mine lost his Dad a week ago. His Dad was 85 years old and had pneumonia. But he also had COVID-19, so his death became another death statistic for the virus. But what killed him actually? Pneumonia as an 85 year old? Or COVID? The doctors and hospitals get paid more for cases coded as COVID-19.

Countries far closer to you than the USA have a bigger problem that makes masks seem trivial. Africa and Asia have millions who are starving. They were starving before the virus, and the numbers have increased since the virus started spreading last winter.

If there's going to be outrage...let's do something about the real big problems. There's a good article below about a huge problem that doesn't get any publicity.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/un-cor...bal-starvation
    "While dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic," Beasley told the council. "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself."
    CORONAVIRUS CRISIS: BEHIND THE EFFORT TO PUSH THE WORLD HEALTH ASSEMBLY TO OPEN FORMAL PROBE INTO THE WHO
    Even before the outbreak, 2020 was on track to be the worst humanitarian crisis since World War II due to the ongoing wars in places like Yemen, Syria and South Sudan, compounded with natural disasters and desert locust swarms across Africa.

Migrants walk between makeshift tents outside the perimeter of the overcrowded Moria refugee camp after a rainfall on the northeastern Aegean island of Lesbos, Greece, Tuesday, Jan.28, 2020. (AP)

That grim reality has been exacerbated by efforts to curb the coronavirus, which has led to cratering economies, mass job losses and crashing oil prices.
    "We can confidently state that levels have risen. Quarantine regulations, shipping challenges, and overall supply chain issues are compounding and adding to previously existing starvation conditions," Ian Bradbury, CEO of the Canada-based humanitarian organization 1st NAEF, told Fox News.
    "We can expect more global deaths due to secondary impacts of COVID-19 than the virus itself — the World Food Program currently estimates that 265 million will be on the brink of starvation by the end of the year."
    At the beginning of 2020, some 130 million were already facing dire levels of hunger. That figure could now more than double the number of people facing acute hunger to 265 million by the end of this year.
    CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE
    As it already stands, 820 million people globally are considered undernourished, according to UN statistics, with 22 percent of children younger than 5 classified as "stunted" as a consequence of malnutrition.
    Almost 700 million people, roughly 9 percent of the planet's population, are "severely food insecure" and nearly two billion – one in four – are assessed as "moderately or severely food insecure."

10-12-22
    I just read a cartoon that shows Lucy saying;
    Although COVID-119 spreads mostly via the mouth and nose, scientists now conclude that the greatest risk comes from assholes.
    Bill woulda liked that one.

20. Likes TheMeteor, IanA, oxytotl liked this post

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    So in truth

......I found out yesterday when we had our morning Bible Study at Damascus House that it wasn't that only 2 of the 12 men there had the virus. It was that all of them had it and only two were tested. They are all well now, and I'm fine also....
    is assumption being quoted as fact....

...... From what I heard back a week ago Thursday, they all felt like they were coming down with some kind of bug. The same bug. I suspect they tested two of them only to confirm what they felt they all had. Both test results came back positive, so the whole group quarantined themselves
    or is that second hand assumption being quoted as fact?

Given the incubation period varies widely(0 - 24 days range, study based on 1,324 cases, 4.1 - 7.0 days range, based on 425 cases, range from 2.1 to 11.1 days) it would seem astonishing that 12 individuals would come down with this (even if they all had the same single source of infection rather than infection spread amongst themselves) at the same time displayed sysptoms and have all now recovered in the space of two weeks (that's how I read the timescale feel free to correct if wrong). The description is very much at odds with my experiences of those I personally know who have tested positive for coronavirus which aligns with Gunther's, very different symptoms ranging from being largely unaffected to fatal and very different time scales, a colleague of my wife's is still serious debilitated three months on, you would not believe it was the same bug.
    Last edited by MGD109; 12-15-20 at 05:36 AM.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Enjoy the ride 

07-05-21
    Like his pathologically lying hero Trump, Daboo just makes stuff up, fails to comprehend what a child can easily understand and looks to all and sundry to twist and pivot away from any semblance of fact.

Oh, and think bible classes sans mask are a great idea.

07-05-21
    17 million cases and 308000 deaths in Trump's USA.

"It's just the sniffles. It's nothing" said the superbrain.

07-05-21
    Nice to see Mike Penice get the vaccine jab.

I guess the Trump Administration put him on the line as just about every other person in the White House is a non-mask-wearing Covid denier who had already tested positive anyway.

MAGA Trump 2020 'I just learned that people died from the flu. I didnt know that before. The doctors can't believe how much I know."

25. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    stephen hughson
    07-28-22
    1 in 1,000 Americans have now died from Covid-19. Republicans must feel proud.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    My favorite Bible story is probably the one where Jesus spends months downplaying the severity of a plague and then elbows his way to the front of the vaccine line,,.
    My favorite verse from this story is from one of the disciples who says, “Verily, Verily I say unto you, Lepers, Heathens, Libtard Socialists to the back with the Blacks and the Jews,,!!

That's in Two Corinthians, if memory serves me correctly,,.

Ana Navarro sorts out Sen. Rubio's criticism of Dr. Fauci,,!!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-tweet-vpx.cnn

07-05-21
    20 million cases in the USA.

"We're number one!!" - D Trump 2021

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Party on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9758.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	746.7 KB 
ID:	370133  

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Nero fiddled while Rome burned?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cassidy-TrumpGolfCheating.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	724.2 KB 
ID:	370135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prez.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	370137

“Operation Warp Speed” currently looks more like “Operation WTF.” The big rollout is rocky and slow throughout the country, but the only surprise is that people are actually surprised.

07-05-21
    If only he had handled the coronavirus pandemic as well as he handles the ball when he cheats at golf.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wDUrUzNX4Y

32. Likes Richard230 liked this post

07-05-21
    With over 260000 new cases and 4100 deaths yesterday it is heartening that Donald J Trump is waving bye bye with record COVID-19 numbers. Fancy that, the highest daily case and death tally of any day since the pandemic began. He just gets better with time.

Thanks to all of those deplorable MAGA-hatted free thinkers for supporting Mr Trump in his efforts to fill the swamp with the dead and dying Americans.

Dabadabadoo, where are you?

Real Name
    stephen hughson
    07-28-22
    https://www.democracynow.org

"Covid Scientist Rebekah Jones condems armed police raid on her home and Florida's pandemic response".

A must see.

35. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Bryan
    05-19-21
    https://cbs12.com/news/local/pfizer-...ink-to-vaccine

Are you guys planning to get a vaccine?

07-05-21
    Yes, I'll be taking the vaccine.

Let's attribute the doctor's death to being a direct result of the vaccine. As tragic as that is, all medications/vaccines/treatments can lead to death in SOMEBODY.

But after millions of doses of the COVID-19 vaccinations in trials and therapeutic use, the death rate is still close to zero in comparison to the death rate from COVID-19.

A few thousand Americans are dying each day currently. Most would have lived if the vaccine had been available to them before they contracted the disease.

I think that the sceptics should delay taking the vaccine and continue with their maskless Trump rallies.

38. Likes MGD109 liked this post

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Baker View Post

In a heart beat I'm taking the vaccine.
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Baker View Post

Yes of course I will be.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

41. Likes MGD109 liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Right now in California there doesn't appear to be any plan for notifying the public when and where they should go to get the shot. They can't even decide if people will receive one or two shots of the vaccines that require two shots to be fully effective. I am 76 and should be getting the vaccination fairly early, but I have my doubts if I will receive any notification when and where that might happen. I don't even get notified when the yearly flu shot is available from my medical provider. This year I discovered that it was available at a location from a friend who had visited the hospital where they had already been delivering flu shots for two months. To make things more complicated, they wanted people to arrive in their cars and stay in their car while they get the shot, instead of walking in like in years past. I have no idea what people were supposed to do if they didn't own a car. I showed up on my motorcycle and just pushed it along the conga line while trying not to get run over by the cars around me. I doubt that receiving the COVID-19 vaccination is going to be any easier. Right now the only people who seem to be getting the vaccination are people who work in, or come in contact with, hospitals such as "first responders".

43. Likes ccwatchmaker liked this post

Real Name
    James Sadilek
    11-16-23
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Motorcycle
    '72 R60/5
    Yeah, this vaccine thing is a real cluster...

07-05-21
    Motorcycle
    '16 R1200RT
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    And then there is this choice letter to the editor of the local paper:

I just picked up a copy of Jonathan Cahn’s newest book “The Harbinger II” and read the chapter on The Plague immediately.
    It is both fascinating and terrifying. He wrote it in 2020, and this is what he says: “No generation has so turned away from God or so massively overturned His ways as this one. The global pandemic is a judgment of our civilization, of nations. It is an ancient law that evil must be answered in kind and the taking of human life by the taking of human life.
    The gruesome truth is that this generation has killed far more children by abortion than any other in human history … in America alone, over 60 million, and over 1 billion worldwide … the unborn torn apart, burned alive with chemicals. And God weeps with each life lost. Abortion was legalized across our nation in 1973, but it began in 1970. That means that most of those responsible for our abortion laws, and those who stood by and allowed it to happen are senior citizens. It is one of the unique properties of COVID-19 that though the young may contract and carry the virus, its destructive power is overwhelmingly focused on the old. In 2019, New York passed a law to legalize late term abortion. In 2020, New York became the state in which more of its people were killed by the virus than in most nations … “Whether you believe Cahn or not, his book is definitely food for thought.
    — Dee Castagnoli, Chico

07-05-21
    What a load of clap trap.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Going to be wild,,. The Christmas Season surge should be hitting later this week and now the super spreader event of the decade,,!!

Name:	capitol-protesters-crowd-rdx-jt-210108_1610140066479_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	370217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capitol-protesters-rdx-jt-210108_1610140539347_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	370219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capitol-rotunda-protesters-ss-jt-210108_1610140283226_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	370221

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Going to be wild,,. The Christmas Season surge should be hitting later this week and now the super spreader event of the decade,,!!

Name:	capitol-protesters-crowd-rdx-jt-210108_1610140066479_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	370217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capitol-protesters-rdx-jt-210108_1610140539347_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	370219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capitol-rotunda-protesters-ss-jt-210108_1610140283226_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	370221
    And now members of Congress are worried that the rioters might have spread the virus to them. That would not be good.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    A New Jersey Democratic Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, a 75-year-old cancer survivor said she tested positive for COVID-19 after sheltering in place with lawmakers during the riot at the Capitol last Wednesday.

"Following the events of Wednesday, including sheltering with several colleagues who refused to wear masks, I decided to take a Covid test," Watson Coleman tweeted. "I have tested positive."
    "While I am experiencing mild, cold-like symptoms, I remain in good spirits and will continue to work on behalf of my constituents," Watson Coleman said in a statement issued by her office, adding that she was isolating at home.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cong...capitol-2021-1

07-05-21
    Well, Mr Trump is certainly leaving the country with the COVID-19 situation looking up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_221506_1610623137417.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	370241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_221424_1610623149224.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	370243  

07-05-21
    "We're lower than the world" Mr Trump told Axios.

"Person, woman, man, camera, television." I'm a superbrain said Trump

03-10-21
    No Bryan not for me, thanks for asking tho. Last vaccine I had was in 1972, a DTP shot that gave me an autoimmune disease similar to Raynaud's that's stayed with me right up until last year. My doctor agreed long ago I should avoid all of them in future, tho he asked me to keep that advice confidential. Even without the 50 years of inflammation and pain every winter, at 74 years of age I wouldn't be wanting to risk having neurotoxic aluminium or mercury compounds injected into my bloodstream. My best friend now has Alzheimers disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but I respect the decisions of those who decide to get the covid and other shots and I wish them well.

53. Dislikes RidaMile disliked this post

07-05-21
    I knew a guy who was once struck by lightning. He lived to tell the tale. He did not get a DTP vaccine in 1972.

He now has arthritis (crikey that's a three syllable condition starting with 'A', just like Alzheimers). Maybe he caught it from Facebook by clicking on one of those antivaxxer group pages.

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Maybe he caught it from Facebook.

I did all my mandatory shots,so I'll have also this one asap. Personally, I don't know anyone (except Toto) who suffered for vaccine shots, also too much money behind them, so I think pharma companies have all the interest to sell good stuff
    Su cunnu! 

07-05-21
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    ...I respect the decisions of those who decide to get the covid and other shots...
    I wonder how many of the two million or so COVID-19 people who took their last (intubated) breath facedown would swap places with you and your "similar to Raynauds inflammation".

Name:	Totool.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	370315

07-05-21

Name:	last.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	370325

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Toto View Post
    ...........a DTP shot that gave me an autoimmune disease similar to Raynaud's that's stayed with me right up until last year...........
    Are you confident it was not caused by simply ridding a motorcycle? Vibration is a well known cause of Raynaud's type symptoms. I knew a cyclist once that suffered he believed it was due to the vibrations from his bikes handlebars.

Either way I've had all mine and a couple of booster tetanus over the years. No ill effects and due to mass TB jabs we no longer routinely have to vaccinate against it. Stopped it being a killer in the UK. I wear my TB scare with pride.
    Last edited by MGD109; 01-21-21 at 03:03 PM.
    Enjoy the ride 

59. Likes BoxerBits liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    According to news reports this morning, California's Governor Gruesome has recalculated and tweaked his virus safety regulations (based upon his science and data, of course). He will be announcing the end of his lock-down order for the state (did anyone pay any attention to that?) and will be allowing outdoor dining and other outdoor business activities again. I wonder if that has anything to do with restaurants and other businesses suing him and asking what "science and data" he was using to prohibit outdoor business activities?

Also a university medical professor was interviewed by a news reporter a few days ago and he mentioned that the medical community has been trying to obtain a copy of the state's scientific formula and data that they use to determine their virus regulations, which they say are based upon a future 4-week projection of ICU beds in the state. The response from the state has been that the public would just be confused if they provided that information and would not respond to the request. The professor responded that just didn't sound right and he was sure that researchers would be able to understand the formula. A few days after that request had been made the lock-down is being lifted. Kind of makes you wonder what is going on in California's ivory towers and how these decisions that affect the entire state are being made.

I might add that I was very surprised to hear that the lock-down would be lifted even for the Los Angles area, where things are really bad in all of their hospitals due to virus infections. It really does give the appearance that decisions are being made in the capital based more upon politics than medical science.

07-05-21
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    It really does give the appearance that decisions are being made in the capital based more upon politics than medical science.
    That simply reflects the general situation among the American populace. To wear a mask or not wear a mask became largely a matter of the average Joe's political leaning, not anything related to do with medical science.

Wear a mask. Red or blue, winner or loser, just wear a mask.

The rest of the world has been laughing at America. I realise Americans don't care about that, what with all that 'America Number One' rah rah. They can hardly point out out any other country on a map by name (except Canada cos that is up the top of the map, oh and Mexico cos they have "bad dudes" and that wall they talk about on Fox) and think 'Africa' is a country .

The rest of the world now pities* America, the stoopidest country in the pandemic.

*Maybe not China and Russia. They don't do the pity part, they're still just laughing.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Here is another example of big government at work. As usual the example is from California: According to an article in my newspaper today, written by George Avalos of the Bay Area News Group, the state's Employment Development Department (EDD) says that $11 Billion of fraud has been sucked up by scammers and crime rings. And the cost could be as high as $30 Billion. The Federal pandemic unemployment relief money was sent to rings operating out of Nigeria, China and Russia (no mention was made of North Korea - so far ) that unleashed a wave of fraud that focused on California's unemployment benefits as their most tempting target. Apparently the department handed out the money as fast as they could without verifying who it was going to. The state has already acknowledged that it has paid about $400 million in the names of prison inmates. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Millionaire Canadians flew by private plane to a remote province to get vaccines meant for elderly First Nations people, officials say

-Two rich Canadians travelled to remote Yukon province to cut in line for a vaccine, officials said.

-Rodney and Ekaterina Baker flew more than 1,000 miles in a private plane, Yukon News reported.

-They received a vaccine there, where doses are meant to be for vulnerable indigenous people.

A wealthy Canadian couple was fined after officials said they flew to Canada's remote north to access vaccines meant for vulnerable indigenous people who live there.
    Rodney and Ekaterina Baker were accused of leaving Vancouver and travelling more than 1,000 miles to Beaver Creek, Yukon, for a coronavirus shot, per the Yukon News. At least part of the trip was allegedly by private plane.

Rodney Baker was head of the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation. According to Yukon News, his total annual compensation in 2019 was $10.6 million.

The company announced his resignation on January 25, four days after he and his wife were fined. He was first appointed president in 2010, after previously working as a senior advisor.
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/mi...132449778.html

64. Likes Richard230, RidaMile liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Update on this story; Following outrage over the relatively small fine.

The Bakers were fined C$2,300 (US$1,800) for breaching Covid rules but community elders are demanding a tougher penalty be handed down.
    On Wednesday, they were ordered to appear in court and have had their tickets home put on hold. If convicted they face a maximum of six months in jail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vid-shots.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Millionaire Canadians flew by private plane to a remote province to get vaccines meant for elderly First Nations people, officials say

-Two rich Canadians travelled to remote Yukon province to cut in line for a vaccine, officials said.

-Rodney and Ekaterina Baker flew more than 1,000 miles in a private plane, Yukon News reported.

-They received a vaccine there, where doses are meant to be for vulnerable indigenous people.

A wealthy Canadian couple was fined after officials said they flew to Canada's remote north to access vaccines meant for vulnerable indigenous people who live there.
    Rodney and Ekaterina Baker were accused of leaving Vancouver and travelling more than 1,000 miles to Beaver Creek, Yukon, for a coronavirus shot, per the Yukon News. At least part of the trip was allegedly by private plane.

Rodney Baker was head of the Great Canadian Gaming Corporation. According to Yukon News, his total annual compensation in 2019 was $10.6 million.

The company announced his resignation on January 25, four days after he and his wife were fined. He was first appointed president in 2010, after previously working as a senior advisor.
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/mi...132449778.html

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    2009 F800ST (Night Blue Metallic) l 1999 SV650 (Naked & Red) l
    l 2012 G650 GS Sertao l 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (Mrs. Meteor's...) 

67. Likes Lag liked this post
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast