Corona virus - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1630

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Dam Richard, they usually word it "essential travel only" which I've always regarded to includes biking,,
    You guys are soo busted,,!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	366395  
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic-Gone to a new home
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st 

4. Likes Richard230, scf, woody59, oxytotl, OX-34 liked this post

Real Name
    Bill
    01-01-21
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	366407  
    2013 F800GT Graphite Metallic-Gone to a new home
    Not a 2nd childhood, still in the 1st 

6. Likes steve n rose, scf, oxytotl liked this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Might as well make a buck off these dumasses,,.
    Feds charge phony church with selling toxic bleach as COVID-19 cure

A Florida father and sons have continued to sell a potentially deadly bleach product billed as a miracle cure for COVID-19 through a fake church, despite a federal judge ordering them to stop, federal officials said in filing criminal charges against them.

Mark Grenon and three sons — Jonathan, Jordon and Joseph — are charged with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and distribute mislabeled drugs, according to the suit filed in the Southern District of Florida on Wednesday.

According to the criminal complaint, the four allegedly pitched "Miracle Mineral Solution," or MMS, a toxic bleach, as a cure for COVID-19.

They sold this dangerous product under the guise of Genesis II Church of Health and Healing ("Genesis"), an entity they allegedly created in an attempt to avoid government regulation of MMS," according to a statement detailing the allegations.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration "has received reports of people requiring hospitalizations, developing life-threatening conditions, and dying after drinking MMS," noted the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of Florida, which did not elaborate further.

The government had already filed civil charges against Grenon and his adult children and obtained a court order barring them from continuing to market MMS. The family responded by threatening violence against the judge in the case, federal officials said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feds-ch...covid-19-cure/

9. Likes Richard230 liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    10-10-22
    Thanks, Richard. Yep, we are indeed lucky not to have the proportions of "entitled" dissenters that you guys are trying to cope with, but I can assure you we still have enough political, ethnic, religious, socio-economic, conspiracy theorists amongst us to make getting the job done still bloody difficult. At least our national and state leaders seem to be cooperating reasonably even if Victoria is now the Pariah State for the time being. I wouldn't want their job for any money!
    It looks like no group riding for some time and also not much chance of the BMW Safari happening this year. Bugger!

11. Likes Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Today's local news report is that our county bus system has been having problems with people getting on the buses (which have not been charging a fare since March) while not wearing masks. Then when the bus driver asks them to either put on a mask or get off, some people have become aggressive and have attacked the driver. Needless to say the driver's union is not happy about that and wants stricter enforcement. But no one is sure how that can be done, since the drivers sure don't want to take on that task and cops never ride on buses. However some of the people who ride buses, especially when they are free, are not playing with a full deck. That is why I don't take public transportation and stick with riding my motorcycle without a passenger.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

13. Likes Lag, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Do you get Covid-19 from China or do you get it from taking Pandemic advise from a Narcissistic Celebrity/Carnival Barker that is known to be the most prolific liar in History, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020,,.

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	960x0 (1).png 
Views:	163 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	366421

As of early April, Trump has told 23.3 lies per day in 2020, a 0.5-lie increase since 2019. What’s more, Trump has averaged 23.8 lies per day since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in the US — another 0.5-lie increase. Even during a pandemic, when the public needs to trust and rely on him the most, deception remains a core part of the president’s playbook.

What’s also remarkable is the steady increase in Trump’s lying on public-facing platforms such as Twitter, in speeches, and during remarks. President Trump seems impervious to the threat of detection or harsh public opinion. He continues to deceive at record-setting rates using forums that amplify his lies, rather than hide them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidma.../#7a8b6ddd1e17

15. Likes scf liked this post

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Feds charge phony church ...
    Well, I'll be. Who'd a thunk a Church would not be telling the truth, eh?

And this fake and dangerous bleach, is it given to the victims Trump-style "by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" or in the usual fashion, down on the knees, head back and covered in the coming of the laud Cheeses with 'hope, interest and excitement' like Daboo likes to get his dose and once described with glee?

*https://f800riders.org/forum/showthr...mes-Prophecies

17. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard230 View Post
    One other thing: As I was filling my bike up with gas at the local self-service station (what other type of gas pumps are there in California?) today, it occurred to me that I should likely be wearing gloves. Probably another great way to transmit the virus. Just one of a million ways, unfortunately.
    Richard, your late to the party on figuring the gas pump thing out,,. Early in the Pandemic the few full serve stations switched to self serve and there attendant's disinfected the contact points each and every fill,,. I also noticed that the paper towel holders that are traditionally empty have been magically kept full since C19 worries, you can also use the water in the windshield cleaner to clean your hand's as no one will touch it, its clear instead of black and oily,,. We started wearing doggy bags for disposal after every fill,,!!

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Where do you wear the doggy bags, Lyle?

I don't believe I've ever worn gloves yet. I can't imagine how it would help, especially in something like a gas station, or even a local store. The idea is to keep the virus/germs away from me, but they come in either through an open cut on my hand or by my touching my eyes/nose/mouth with my hands. The benefit to me of using gloves is simply an additional thing to warn me about touching my face. But I can get the same benefit by using hand sanitizer.

In the beginning of all this a couple months ago, there were some demonstrations on the fallacies in wearing a mask or gloves in public. Not that they weren't beneficial, but that people who weren't trained on how to put them on and take them off, contaminated themselves anyway.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6 

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Richard, your late to the party on figuring the gas pump thing out,,. Early in the Pandemic the few full serve stations switched to self serve and there attendant's disinfected the contact points each and every fill,,. I also noticed that the paper towel holders that are traditionally empty have been magically kept full since C19 worries, you can also use the water in the windshield cleaner to clean your hand's as no one will touch it, its clear instead of black and oily,,. We started wearing doggy bags for disposal after every fill,,!!
    The opposite is true at my local 76 station. The attendant never comes out of his office, he sanitizes nothing, the towel dispenser is always out of towels and the windshield water is too dirty to wash your hands. What I do now is to have some hand sanitizer with me and clean my hands with it after I finish fueling. Your idea of using doggy bags seems like a good idea but I have no dog, however I guess I could use plastic newspaper bags. Those are piling up as the local stores will no longer recycle them - or anything else, for that matter.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    ...I don't believe I've ever worn gloves yet. I can't imagine how it would help...
    Over 3 million cases in the USA. I can't imagine how that happened

22. Likes scf liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    With a population around 330,000,000 people, that doesn't sound unreasonable. And that's those that tested positive and may be walking around with no symptoms at all. It's not the deaths.

Chris

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Oh I love the dull. Reasonable.. ahhhhh.

The number of cases confirmed by the USA is laughingly reported as 3 million. The true figure is at least 12 million but the doltish testing program lets say promulgated by the MAGA-riddled lying cheating pond scum Trump Administration.

Anyone who can count beyond the trinity can see that with a death rate of 10 percent or so that the idiots running the hide and seek farce that is the USA propaganda machine are telling fibber dibbers, good buddy. "Its a beautiful test, ok? But I don't like it - it makes us look bad"

Praise cheeses here be the deaths:

137,000 as at today (worldometer, not the good ship lollypop babble, oh laud cheeses, full of hope, interest and excitement)

Gaze up at the thousands of souls as they float skyward all glory be and full of the coming of the laud, wafting up on high having touched the gas pump after some filthy christ stain done snotted on it, but awash with the loving warmth and safe in the knowledge that for just $6549 plus coffin their little contribution has lined the pockets of the paedophile with the the book - nay, THE book - smiling below, patting little Johnnie on the head and whispering "Praise cheeses, little Johnnie".

Wear the mask, wash your hands, keep away from any congregations, keep hope in your heart, but look with interest at the breathless, be excited when the machine that goes 'ping' stops going 'ping'.

Get the test if you have any symptoms or have been near anyone in a MAGA hat, coz dey don't do de mask and gloves do dey?

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    A little research?

The US has 4% of the world's population but 25% of its coronavirus cases?

The US leads the world in cases and deaths?

The US death toll is more than twice as high as that of the country with the second-highest death rate, Brazil?

The death rates are now spiking sharply higher in the South while decreasing in the North East?

26. Likes OX-34 liked this post

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Consistency is the key as per Mr TP.

Round up all of the idiots in MAGA caps, grab them by the puddy and tell them that what is bad is really very good, like positive, but positive in a negative way positive so, ok, like its like its good.

28. Likes notacop, steverfish liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    So let's cut out the words that denigrate Mr. Trump and what do you have in the last few posts? The USA has a lot of coronavirus cases. Wow...I said it. In eight words.

So what is the point of what you're saying? That the USA has a lot of cases? That the USA has a lot of deaths? Or that Canada and Australia are better than the USA?

What's the point?

...The US death toll is more than twice as high as that of the country with the second-highest death rate, Brazil?
    The difference between the USA and Brazil is not "twice as high". It is a lot less. Check your figures. But still...do you live in Brazil? Or the USA? You don't. So what's the point?

Are you trying to make yourself feel somehow secure because you live in an area that is in some way measurably better for surviving coronavirus?

If so, you have a false sense of security.

I could care less about what the entire population of the world's population is of contracting coronavirus, or dying from the virus is. If it happens to me....what happens?

And that is where I laugh. I could care less.

I went into that thunderstorm the other day as I rode to South Dakota with a larger chance of dying from a lightning strike or from being blown off the road than I have of contracting, much less dying from, the coronavirus. I felt totally at peace. My biggest concern was living through it and lying in several inches of water with the hail coming down around me in the middle of nowhere. Could you say the same?

I sense that you get some security from looking at the numbers of cases in the USA and deaths, and comparing those to what you have locally. Don't. Numbers lie. You can make the numbers mean whatever you want.

And one thing for certain is that we will all die.

When??? Who knows. From what??? Who knows. I'm comfortable with that.

Are you?

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Chris, this is the "Corona virus" thread. Its for discussing SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 and such. Its quite topical. Its even been on the telly.

I enjoyed your story about riding in the rain. That would be a nice idea for a thread. The thread could be called "Riding in the rain" or some such along those lines.

Back on topic.

The COVID-19 situation has been labelled a 'pandemic'. Its a big word and if I could be of assistance, it means that it is all around the world. That means that it is outside the wall, as well as inside the wall, big, beautiful wall. Some folk inside the wall are incredibly stoopid. They think and perhaps get some security from being in denial. Denial of the facts, denial of the numbers and in denial regarding the care that they should take for the welfare of others.

Frankly, I'll ride along with your mindset for a bit here and not care if a random christ stain dies, flat on his back in water or face down in an ICU. I understand that just prior to his wick being snuffed out (or in the latter case a week or two before that as he was intubated in a last ditch attempt to keep his lungs from flooding from the inside) that hypothetical christ stain would have had a little chat with his man-made construct laud, feeling all nice and comfortable with a rosy glow of false security. Booyah!!

That brings me hope, I would find it interesting and lets be honest a little exciting, depending on just which christ stain just sucked in his last watery breath*.

* I don't really feel that way at all. I'm trying not to get out of sorts with Daboo and tried to put myself in his place.

Oh and I forgot the 'toll' bit - what a silly sausage I am. "Death toll" is the term that Lag used and is the same term that Daboo then discussed, albeit briefly. I'll go and check the figures.....

I'm back again. The current figures from Worldometer as at 12th July 11:40am GMT are below. I won't have to look far coz the USA is top of the pops. Here goes:

1- USA total deaths 137,403;
    2- Brazil total deaths 71,492.

That's so close to 'twice as much' that I concur with Lag. It is twice as much and not "a lot less", at all, at all Chris. Maybe you could provide your source for the 'numbers' you quote.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Last night on the local ABC TV news it was reported that some young people are having COVID-19 parties. They all get together with someone who has been tested positive for a night of fun so that they can all be exposed to the virus to either prove that it won't affect them, or if it does, it will not affect them and make them immune to the virus. Apparently things didn't work out too well for one of the party-goers and that person died.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Quote Originally Posted by OX-34 View Post
    1- USA total deaths 137,403;
    2- Brazil total deaths 71,492.

That's so close to 'twice as much' that I concur with Lag. It is twice as much and not "a lot less", at all, at all Chris. Maybe you could provide your source for the 'numbers' you quote.
    This seems to be the only important part of your post. I didn't bother to try understanding the rest.

Do the math and look at it in terms of populations and you'll see it isn't close to being twice as much.

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    So what is the point of what you're saying? That the USA has a lot of cases? That the USA has a lot of deaths? Or that Canada and Australia are better than the USA?

What's the point?
    I posted the death rate because there seems to be a false narrative going around that this is all abought testing when in fact the Hospitals are filling up and the Death rate is second to none in the USA, people don't die from testing,,.

The difference between the USA and Brazil is not "twice as high". It is a lot less. Check your figures. But still...do you live in Brazil? Or the USA? You don't. So what's the point?

Are you trying to make yourself feel somehow secure because you live in an area that is in some way measurably better for surviving coronavirus?

I could post the numbers for Canada or most anywhere else however I can assure you that the story is quite mundane by comparison and perhaps much less relative to the discussion thats been taken place, truly the disastrous Pandemic response in the US is the strangest phenomena of our times and a huge international story,,.

If so, you have a false sense of security.

I could care less about what the entire population of the world's population is of contracting coronavirus, or dying from the virus is. If it happens to me....what happens?

And that is where I laugh. I could care less.

I sense that you get some security from looking at the numbers of cases in the USA and deaths, and comparing those to what you have locally. Don't. Numbers lie. You can make the numbers mean whatever you want.
    The world is global, both health wise and economically,,. I have relatives, friends, & business interests in the US and I do care what goes on there and all over the world as it is all interconnected,,. I hope and prey for a better outcome then what we are seeing,,. I'm a numbers type of guy so I tend to follow the numbers and the available scientific expertise, without that its very difficult to have a logical conversation,,.

Like you, I don't mind dying. I just don't want to die broke,,, with out family and friends,,!!

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Like you, I have interests in other countries. The biggest of those is a daughter living in France. They are sixth on the number of deaths at this point. If she gets sick, I won't be able to even fly over to be with her. But I don't bother looking at numbers. We just talk via Zoom or Line. It's a lot more meaningful.

I've ceased to be concerned about the "news" regarding the coronavirus. You can find whatever opinion you want on it all across the spectrum. And every "news" source has it's "expert" panel they put on the air...and those experts can't agree. I don't say the coronavirus isn't real...but I think it is in the news media's interests to keep flagging it so they get better ratings and more money.

I left home for a week, and what I noticed is the "news" didn't change while I was gone. The same stories are there with different dates. It makes me think I could take a break from the news for a couple months and find the same thing.

And probably feel a lot saner for the break.

Chris

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    That's how we felt about Brexit, same old, same old. Thankfully I live in an area where in March we had a couple of infections, although the people were extremely ill we've heard very little since, but we are expecting a second wave as people start to lose their 'social distancing' habit.
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"
    Tubby Clayton - Toc H founder 

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    ....The difference between the USA and Brazil is not "twice as high". It is a lot less. Check your figures.
    This seems to be the only important part of your post. I didn't bother to try understanding the rest.

Do the math and look at it in terms of populations and you'll see it isn't close to being twice as much.
    Chris you are mixing up the parameter you asked about (death toll) with a related but different parameter (death rate). I understand that not everyone over the age of nine has grasped the finer details of 'the math', so you are not alone.

I'll not bother answering you simply because you claim to "not bother looking at numbers", ok?

Giving you a frank and thorough answer regarding 'death toll' and 'death rate' is really a waste of time as you keep ignoring the simple facts in an attempt to justify your denial. That is evidenced by your prior posts regarding incidence.

But I will iterate that your beloved Trump-helmed USA is the greatest single failure of the whole COVID-19 pandemic. That's pretty simple, simple.

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    .......I went into that thunderstorm the other day as I rode to South Dakota with a larger chance of dying from a lightning strike or from being blown off the road than I have of contracting, much less dying from, the coronavirus. I felt totally at peace.....
    Maybe not, over the last 20 years there have been on average 51 fatal lighting strikes per year in the US. So far this year there have been 138,030 Covid 19 deaths in the US so if there where to be no more (I think we can all agree that very unlikely) you are over 2,700 times more likely to have been killed by Covid 19 than lightning strike and almpst 68,000 times more likely to have contracted coronavirus that been involved in a fatal lightning strike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightn...6%20in%202017)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

It will be interesting to redo the numbers once there is a total Covid 19 fatality count for the whole year.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Good point in retrospect. But when you have no one close to you to give you the coronavirus...but you can see multiple lighting strikes in your path...

Besides, I didn't have Wikipedia handy at the time.

Chris

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    I heard something really depressing on the news this morning. It was reported that a group of researchers have noticed that people who have developed antibodies after being sick from the COVID-19 virus have discovered that the antibodies have faded away after a few months, leading to the concern that you could get sick from the virus more than once. And if that is true, I would be concerned that a vaccine might not work all that well. Can you imagine having to get a shot every few months to keep the virus at bay? That would not be good.

I have also heard that the COVID-19 virus is mutating and is now more easily spread than it previously was.

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    ... Can you imagine having to get a shot every few months to keep the virus at bay? That would not be good. ...
    A diabetic would laugh at you Richard. 'A shot every few months 'not good'? You're having a laugh?!?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SK3y1a8TYs

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    I heard something really depressing on the news this morning. It was reported that a group of researchers have noticed that people who have developed antibodies after being sick from the COVID-19 virus have discovered that the antibodies have faded away after a few months, leading to the concern that you could get sick from the virus more than once. And if that is true, I would be concerned that a vaccine might not work all that well. Can you imagine having to get a shot every few months to keep the virus at bay? That would not be good. ...
    Here is a link here:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests

The researchers are from King’s College London so legitimate and respected. The study group was just over 90 so relatively small and the paper has yet to be pier reviewed. However this is in my opinion very relevant. It kicks into touch the idea of herd immunity and any type of immunity passport and adds yet another layer of difficulty to creating a viable vaccine.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

42. Likes Richard230 liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by OX-34 View Post
    A diabetic would laugh at you Richard. 'A shot every few months 'not good'? You're having a laugh?!?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SK3y1a8TYs
    I was thinking of what it would take to give hundreds of millions of people booster shots several times a year, such as the manufacturing, infrastructure, cost and distribution issues that would result from doing that. It is tough enough to offer flu shots once a year to everyone in developed countries every year, much less doing so several times a year to potentially everyone in the world. And if the COVID-19 starts mutating each year the way the flu virus does, well that would really suck.

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    There may be some truth here.

Name:	women leaders.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	366487  

45. Likes steve n rose, oxytotl, scf, IanA, Lag liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT

Name:	image7 (2).JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	366535
    "I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"

47. Likes Richard230, steve n rose, IanA, woody59 liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT

Name:	image1 (8).JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	366537

49. Likes steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT

Name:	image6 (3).JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	366545

51. Likes Richard230, scf, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT

Name:	image4 (5).JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	366547

53. Likes Richard230, Daboo, scf, steve n rose, IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    There may be some truth here.
    Post of the day,,!!

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Just back from a 4 day ride through the BC Kooteneys, excellent weather and light on the traffic, some of the best roads anywhere,,!!

Back to reality, haven't seen much news however what I have seen is indicative of a worsening situation in regards Covid,,. If your into the numbers you will see they have added a trailing indicator, "Refrigerated Trucks",,.

notacop is offline The original Schwartz Wald Troll

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Trump administration wants hospitals to give covid19 information to the White House and not the CDC in the future. What better way to suppress the facts and figures than to take it out of the access of the press. We'll be hearing how the numbers are going down sometime soon I'd imagine. The only down is down the toilet.
    Of course Fox News will be giving us the good news. Pretty soon the White House will be stopping Obituary postings too. What we don't know won't hurt us.

57. Likes scf, Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    Ya fire up that propaganda machine, blame the Chinese, the CDC, the WHO, the previous administration,,.

Four weeks later, Pence probably wishes he hadn't written that op-ed
    Four weeks ago today, Pence wrote an op-ed bragging about progress on the coronavirus. In hindsight, he shouldn't have put his credibility on the line.
    July 14, 2020, 8:20 AM PDT
    By Steve Benen
    Four weeks ago today, amidst widespread concerns about coronavirus data in the U.S. that didn't appear to be improving, Vice President Mike Pence wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal. The message was simple: thanks to Donald Trump, "we are winning the fight against the invisible enemy."

Two weeks ago, we reviewed several of Pence's key claims, noting the many ways in which the areas he boasted about had taken a turn for the worse. Two weeks later, however, it's disheartening to see conditions grow even more serious.

"While talk of an increase in cases dominates cable news coverage, more than half of states are actually seeing cases decline or remain stable."

As of today, according to the New York Times' latest data-visualization report, the vast majority of states are seeing increases in their coronavirus cases.

"Every state, territory and major metropolitan area, with the exception of three, have positive test rates under 10%."

It was a dubious claim at the time, and it's worse now.

"Lost in the coverage is the fact that today less than 6% of Americans tested each week are found to have the virus."

The number has since increased to nearly 9%.

"Cases have stabilized over the past two weeks, with the daily average case rate across the U.S. dropping to 20,000 -- down from 30,000 in April and 25,000 in May."

The latest data shows a daily average of 60,000 new cases per day -- triple the numbers the vice president bragged about

"And in the past five days, deaths are down to fewer than 750 a day, a dramatic decline from 2,500 a day a few weeks ago -- and a far cry from the 5,000 a day that some were predicting."

While fatality totals steadily improved in recent months, the Associated Press reported over the weekend, "A long-expected upturn in U.S. coronavirus deaths has begun, driven by fatalities in states in the South and West, according to data on the pandemic."

"The media has tried to scare the American people every step of the way, and these grim predictions of a second wave are no different. The truth is, whatever the media says, our whole-of-America approach has been a success."

The first wave never really ended. The problem is not with media coverage; it's with an administration that's failed to respond responsibly to a public-health crisis.

As for whether the White House's strategy -- to the extent such a strategy exists -- has been "a success," the increasingly disastrous numbers paint a far more heartbreaking picture.

It's likely that Pence and others on Team Trump, when crafting the WSJ op-ed a month ago, felt genuine optimism. They were willing to write the opinion piece, and put the vice president's credibility on the line, because they assumed it wouldn't be easily discredited soon after.

And in some ways, that confidence makes all of this just a little worse. Did no one at the White House see the coronavirus threats on the horizon?

59. Likes oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    Hmmm...the "peaceful" protests were what...a few weeks ago? What's the incubation period for coronavirus? I wonder if the protests had anything to do with the coronavirus spreading? I'm sure everyone was wearing a mask and staying at least 6 feet from each other as they went through the broken windows and burned businesses down. And those same government leaders who are telling us to wear a mask, were the same ones encouraging the protests. So, yes, I'm a little jaded and skeptical of what I see published.

I see the media playing up the new cases, but aren't we also getting more testing? A positive on the test, doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to go to the hospital or even die. I can't get out of my mind, the hype of the media over a weather forecast of 1-2 inches of snow in the area. They hype things up so much, simply for ratings and advertising revenue. So I take what they say with some skepticism.

I watched a news program last night with some medical doctors on it. Two comments seemed worth taking note of.
    1. One of the doctors mentioned that in the beginning the studies Dr. Fauci would mention were dated back in 2015. The point the doctor was saying, was that back then, the studies were apolitical. Now, everyone has an agenda. In some cases, the scientists doing the studies, state what the conclusion will be and then do a study to prove that. That's not objective.
    2. The other comment that was an interesting analogy was that wearing a cloth mask is like expecting a chain link fence to stop a mosquito. The effectiveness of the cloth masks is really really low. But!...it makes you seem like you're doing the right thing...when no one really knows what the right thing is.

I think it is really easy to point your finger at someone's actions, but no one has the answers. A couple years from now, we'll probably know what worked, and what didn't. Case in point...school closures. Lots of states across the USA are closing their schools. Lots of countries in Europe are not. And the science says that kids of that age are not getting sick, and need the social interaction. So who's right? Sweden didn't lock down their economy, yet their coronavirus deaths seem less than much of Western Europe that did. It would be interesting to see how they compare per capita, but I'll leave that for others. I'm sure someone will.

I did like one thing the doctors said last night and which seems to be pretty much affirmed by all. It's the same things I've been doing in the prison for about 19 years now. Keep your hands from your face. And wash your hands often.

So I just continue my life as best I can. I wave at people as I pass them, and often see their faces brighten up from that friendly little gesture.

Chris

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    Sweden didn't lock down their economy, yet their coronavirus deaths seem less than much of Western Europe that did. It would be interesting to see how they compare per capita, but I'll leave that for others. I'm sure someone will.
    Ok, I'll do it.

Deaths per million:

Cases per million:

You've remarked a few times how you don't know, don't care and don't read anything about this current pandemic. It doesn't seem to stop you proselytsing like you've only ever read one book before - a fantasy novel cobbled together from short stories relating to tales of hope and wonder two thousand years old. I'm not surprised that you can't get certain ideas out of your head coz we all know that nature hates a vacuum.

So I just continue my life as best I can. I wave at people as I pass them, and often see their faces brighten up from that friendly little gesture.
    I wonder as they smile back at you if they are aware that you don't care one little bit if they live or die? Tra-la-la-la-la

Remember you own words Chris:

.I could care less about what the entire population of the world's population is of contracting coronavirus, or dying from the virus is.

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    And your point is???

Do you wear a mask? If so, when? How do you touch that mask to make sure it stays uninfected? Or do you throw it away? Did you touch anything before disinfecting your hands and touching your mask? If so, what...and is it now infected?

And what do I have to do with the death rate in Qatar?

Absolutely nothing.

Or Australia?

Again, absolutely nothing. So why bring it up?

Or am I the only one who can influence the course of the pandemic across the entire globe? If so, thank you for the compliment on how powerful and influential I am...but I really don't look at myself nearly as important as you think I am.

I can only really control what happens to me and my loved ones. I take care of that.

How I take care of that is my business, and not anyone else's. How you cope with the virus with your own regional restrictions...is your business.

As the courts would say, you have a moot point. You don't have a dog in this race. Or if you do...it's thousands of miles away across an ocean I have no intention to cross, and therefore, it is not in my race.

So how does the OX-34 deal with coronavirus? Let's quit talking about one person in the outskirts of Seattle who didn't participate in the "peaceful" protests and who wears a mask when it makes sense. How does the OX-34 deal with infecting the millions of Australians?

Because I'm sure you are not perfect.

Surprise, surprise.

Chris

Real Name
    Chris
    Motorcycle
    '14 F800 GT
    And instead of talking about something you have no control over....

...what about answering Rodzghost's post about his belt. You're the expert. That seems to me to be what this forum is all about. Helping others with motrocycle problems.

Chris

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    And your point is???

Do you wear a mask? If so, when? How do you touch that mask to make sure it stays uninfected? Or do you throw it away? Did you touch anything before disinfecting your hands and touching your mask? If so, what...and is it now infected?

And what do I have to do with the death rate in Qatar?

Absolutely nothing.

Or Australia?

Again, absolutely nothing. So why bring it up?

Or am I the only one who can influence the course of the pandemic across the entire globe? If so, thank you for the compliment on how powerful and influential I am...but I really don't look at myself nearly as important as you think I am.

I can only really control what happens to me and my loved ones. I take care of that.

How I take care of that is my business, and not anyone else's. How you cope with the virus with your own regional restrictions...is your business.

As the courts would say, you have a moot point. You don't have a dog in this race. Or if you do...it's thousands of miles away across an ocean I have no intention to cross, and therefore, it is not in my race.

So how does the OX-34 deal with coronavirus? Let's quit talking about one person in the outskirts of Seattle who didn't participate in the "peaceful" protests and who wears a mask when it makes sense. How does the OX-34 deal with infecting the millions of Australians?

Because I'm sure you are not perfect.

Surprise, surprise.

Chris

Chris I think you really need to slow down your thinking or your typing.

Buddy, oh scholar, oh bright and shining glimmer of hope YOU used Sweden in your post as an example of an approach to the COVID-19 pandemic. Can you really not remember just a few posts up there? Crikey, it is still there. You asked what my point was when my point was to provide the information.

Daboo: "Sweden didn't lock down their economy, yet their coronavirus deaths seem less than much of Western Europe that did. It would be interesting to see how they compare per capita, but I'll leave that for others. I'm sure someone will."

It is a common feature of your posts that you pose a question, another member answers the question or comments further, then you ignore the answer, pose an unrelated question as a means of perpetuating your right-wing fascist ideals or just plain plumb forget that you asked the question in the first place. It is very difficult to keep apace with your shiftiness on these matters.

I am not perfect. I wear a mask at work all day long. 10-20 masks a day in fact. Gloves? Dozens of pairs a day. Do I touch my face while wearing the gloves or mask? No, not ever. Never once in about 50,000 pairs of gloves have I touched my face whist wearing a mask. Was that really what you wanted to know? You asked the question, but being disinterested man in peripheral Seattle, why did you request that of me? What is your point?

Oh, and we don't have millions of cases in Australia, nor do I need to deal with infecting the millions of Australians. Again, what is your point?

And, ahem, I don't recall anyone blaming you, nor associating you with cases in Qatar or Australia. Are you hearing voices? There are tablets for that.

Who said that !?!??

Real Name
    Peter
    09-04-20
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800 GT
    And instead of talking about something you have no control over....

...what about answering Rodzghost's post about his belt. You're the expert. That seems to me to be what this forum is all about. Helping others with motrocycle problems.

Chris
    Hey, Daboo, I think you are mixing up the Corona Virus with a thread about a belt slipping off. If I were an expert at that belt stuff (and I blush at your suggestion that I am, oh gosh) it may be of interest.

I gots ta tell ya, I ain't go no control over that belt, comprende?

66. Likes Lag liked this post

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    Daboo, you seem to be getting a bit frothy trying to defend the administrations take on the hoax of a pandemic. There is no defense of the stupidity of this current administration in too many situations. MAGA. Pandemic gone to hell and the WH chases it's tail trying to find someone to blame. America isn't welcome in Europe, Mexico or Canada. That puts us as number one all right. Getting rid of those troublesome rules and regulations that were put in place to protect consumers from bad business practices or there to protect the environment. Let's allow oil drilling or strip mining in the national parks?
    There is no heart or compassion in the Trump way of life.

68. Likes Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Peter, I think you need to calm down a bit, go out for a ride and get some fresh air. Everyone appears to be under a huge amount of stress due to the pandemic, but I am not sure that taking out the stress on a motorcycle discussion forum is going to help all that much. While many of your posts are informative regarding the COVID-19 virus, most of us already get hit over the head with the subject many times every day by the press and little of it is good news. Most of the news tends to be scary and just adds to the stress we are all experiencing right now. Do we really need to discuss it in great detail on a BMW motorcycle forum?

I really feel sympathy for anyone in the medical profession who has had to deal with this medical crisis for months on end. I don't know how they can do it and stay sane. I know that I couldn't. But I do believe that getting out by yourself while riding a motorcycle and enjoying the outdoors, if only for a short time, is a great way to reduce the stress, if only for a little while.

70. Likes Daboo, oxytotl liked this post

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Quote Originally Posted by notacop View Post
    Daboo, you seem to be getting a bit frothy trying to defend the administrations take on the hoax of a pandemic. There is no defense of the stupidity of this current administration in too many situations. MAGA. Pandemic gone to hell and the WH chases it's tail trying to find someone to blame. America isn't welcome in Europe, Mexico or Canada. That puts us as number one all right. Getting rid of those troublesome rules and regulations that were put in place to protect consumers from bad business practices or there to protect the environment. Let's allow oil drilling or strip mining in the national parks?
    There is no heart or compassion in the Trump way of life.
    I sure will be happy when the U.S. presidential election is over. That is one more discussion that never ends in the daily news.

72. Likes Daboo, Lag liked this post

Real Name
    Lyle
    06-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F700GS
    I sure will be happy when the U.S. presidential election is over. That is one more discussion that never ends in the daily news.
    The whole world is nervously waiting for the 2020 US election to be over, we all want to know what kind of a political system the largest economy in the world will be running for the next four years, currently, it looks like there are a number of options on the table,,!!

74. Likes Richard230 liked this post

10-07-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '04 DL-650A V-Strom
    Motorcycle
    '13 G650GS (Single)
    "number of options on the table," Really. Choice number one Trump an old bumbling wonder of a person and choice number two Biden an old bumbling wonder of a person.
    Boy that sure makes the decision easy. Maybe the choice for the VP will be a deciding factor. Pence, if Trump keeps him, or what has been promised by Biden, a woman who will be undoubtedly a better choice than Pence.

76. Likes Richard230 liked this post
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast