new to group - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \n
\r\n R.Crump\r\n \r\n
\n\r\n \r\n Sarasota Florida\r\n \r\n \nR.Crump is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \n\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Points: 76, Level: 1\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
Real Name
russ
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
12-10-20
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n I purchased a pristine 2014 s1000rr with 2600 miles, one slight problem it had a run in with a tree, direct hit, driving the front wheel into the radiator/oil cooler. My questions are, fix or part out, potential problems/ pitfalls if I go the repair route. pretty much everything in the front of the header is broken. Any thoughts??\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\n\n\n\n'; pd[2868729] = '\n\n\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n
    \r\n XR1000\r\n \r\n
    \n\r\n \r\n Methow Valley\r\n \r\n \nXR1000 is offline\r\n\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \n\r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Points: 4,082, Level: 42\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    01-12-22
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n It all depends on how long you\'re willing to take to get it rideable again. I see you are in Florida and can ride year round, so if you\'re needing/itching to get the work done ASAP and start ordering new OEM parts, you might be spending way more than the bike is probably worth. Do you have time to watch craigslist, ebay, track forums to find stock parts taken off a race bike or post some "want to buy" ads and wait? First you need to inventory all damaged parts and see what\'s salvageable. I\'ve restored several motorcycles and the cost to make things right are almost always way more than you think. If you got the bike super cheap and you have lots of time, you could end with a cool motorcycle.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\n\n\n\n'; // next/previous post info pn[2868721] = "2868729,2868729"; pn[0] = ",2868721"; pn[2868729] = "2868721,2868721"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[301873] = "R.Crump"; pu[294763] = "XR1000"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Real Name
      russ
      12-10-20
      I purchased a pristine 2014 s1000rr with 2600 miles, one slight problem it had a run in with a tree, direct hit, driving the front wheel into the radiator/oil cooler. My questions are, fix or part out, potential problems/ pitfalls if I go the repair route. pretty much everything in the front of the header is broken. Any thoughts??