Who closed the Wildwilly thread - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Hi all, I have just read about our old friend WildWilly. Very sad news indeed. I was wanting to say a few things but it is now closed and I am wondering why.

Bill was a constant supporter of this site, welcoming new guy's, his 'worst jokes ever' his banter and so on. We used to take the mik out of each other privately and on line here.

So, who ever closed the that thread, please re-open it.

Flook

Rest easy my old F8 mate Bill rest easy.
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

2. Thanks IanA, Lag, scf, TheMeteor, steve n rose and 4 others thanked for this post
    Likes Oleran liked this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Richard
    10-12-22
    Not me. I didn't do it. I spent my day changing the rear tire on my BMW R1200RS.
    Richard - Current bikes: 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior. 

5. Likes Flook liked this post
    Melbourne, Australia IanA is offline F800Riders.org Supporter

Real Name
    Ian
    10-10-22
    +1 on that , Dave. Thanks for raising it. I started that thread so that members would know what Bill's outcome was and had a place to express their feelings for the man, whatever their interaction with him in Life. I notice Bill's farewell thread in which he warned us of his situation, has also been closed. I am OK with that, which is why I posted on it to direct members to the General Discussion thread, which should remain open. Bill deserves that, at least! IanA

7. Likes 308bever, scf, TheMeteor, steve n rose, Flook liked this post
  8. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    HI, I now know who closed that thread and the reasons why, but, and a big but is this, despite those reasons and I have no reason at all to disbelieve them, that what Bill contributed to this site and many of us who laughed at his jokes and humour has helped to make this site a more jolly place.

I appreciate what has been sent to me has had a very deep affection them, but to me, it seems out of spite that has deemed it fit to close down that thread, and wont re-open it. So, that leaves only this thread. I advise that person not to publish anything that may be detrimental, also, may well have a consequence of a backfire from you guy's which I personally would not like to happen, what ever our personal thoughts and opinions may be.

I appreciate Bill was a marmite character, you either loved him or hated him, that should make no real difference, he was a human being, he had a life, he had opinions and he voiced them good or bad.

Flook
    Please note, the thoughts and opinions of Flook does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of other posts & site users therein

10. Likes TheMeteor, BoxerBits, IanA, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Gunther
    10-03-22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flook View Post
    I appreciate Bill was a marmite character, you either loved him or hated him, that should make no real difference, he was a human being, he had a life, he had opinions and he voiced them good or bad.
    I appreciated him too, I'd say I'm not alone in this
    Su cunnu! 

12. Likes Flook, IanA, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Andrew
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800 ST
    HI, I now know who closed that thread and the reasons why, but, and a big but is this, despite those reasons and I have no reason at all to disbelieve them, that what Bill contributed to this site and many of us who laughed at his jokes and humour has helped to make this site a more jolly place.

Flook

The reason and the admin should be published so as to be held to account and scrutiny. Transparency is a fundamental element in any cooperative and democratic forum.
    Concrete remains undefeated. 

14. Likes Flook, MGD109, IanA, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Gerry
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '09 F800ST
    I don't understand the state of relations today when, if we disagree on matters, we have to 'cancel' that person. What happened to civil discourse and accepting that others may have differing views and opinions?
    2009 F800ST (Night Blue Metallic) l 1999 SV650 (Naked & Red) l
    l 2012 G650 GS Sertao l 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S (Mrs. Meteor's...) 

16. Likes Flook, MGD109, scf, IanA, mervingry liked this post

Real Name
    Nigel
    08-26-22
    Can't say that I knew WildWilly but it's a sad old world if his friends, are denied the basic human right of expressing their condolences at his passing, by writing a few heart felt words.

Not a well thought out decision by one of the moderator's by the looks of it.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

18. Likes scf, DJ123, TheMeteor, IanA, steve n rose liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    I have replied to a PM I had, so we will have to wait and see. I wont say who I replied to, but there are unfortunate personal circumstances involved. So let us not dwell on that too much, and use this as a type of remembrance post which our good friend AlanA originally posted.

However if this post does get locked it is not with my permission, which I think should have been asked for and reasons given to the original poster AlanA.

May you all have a very good Xmas and your New Year be the best it can under the present climate.

Flook

20. Likes oxytotl, IanA liked this post

10-12-22
    Seems like even in death Bill is able to piss off some people.

22. Likes Flook liked this post

Real Name
    terry
    09-30-22
    Motorcycle
    '15 F800 GT
    Thank you Flook for contacting me.

I'd had the occasional contact with Bill and sent him an email recently to ask if he was ok as I knew he was in poor health and had sold his bike. Not aware of his demise it turned out I sent my last mail to him the day after he died - he hadn't let on how ill he was.

Bill had a great sense of humour, for which I'm thankful and saw the funny side in most things - may he rest in peace. At least 'the other side' get to know his jokes!

"I was cut out to be a genius. Unfortunately somebody forgot to put the pieces together"
    Tubby Clayton - Toc H founder 

24. Likes Flook, steve n rose, scf, TheMeteor, IanA liked this post

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerBits View Post
    Can't say that I knew WildWilly but it's a sad old world if his friends, are denied the basic human right of expressing their condolences at his passing, by writing a few heart felt words.

Not a well thought out decision by one of the moderator's by the looks of it.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
    unfortunately so. If you don't want to see someones post, or to interact with them simply add them to your ignore list . . . i would like to think we're all adults and should be able to arise above differences, and learn when enough is enough. I'm on a few forums where there are some people who clash, but it quickly passes. There are always 2 sides to a story.

Any who, sad to hear about Bill. I can't think how much i have/haven't interacted with him, but being a long time member he surely had an influence on the Forum and most likely partook some knowledge we've read, used or inherited. It sounds like he had a good innings and was a character, on here and in life.
    BMW F800ST, 2010, Black, Fuzeblock, Sat Nav, BMW Tank Bag, Givi Touring Screen, Denali Spotlights, Denali CANSmart, Wunderlich Crash Bars, 62K Miles & counting 

26. Likes Flook, TheMeteor liked this post

Real Name
    Steve
    10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '07 F800ST
    It all seems very un-christian at this time in everyone's life, when people that enjoyed banter with someone can't pass their thoughts on, even on this forum, once they have passed on.
    As of Mon, 1st Feb 2016- ;
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
    Today is a gift (that's why it's called "the present")
    #1 tip I ride by: Ride as though you're invisible, not invincible
    Bikes so far: Honda CB250-Traded, Suzuki GS500F-Traded, '07 F800ST Matt Graphitan-Deceased, '10 F800ST Night Blue-sold, at present bikeless 

28. Likes Flook, BoxerBits, oxytotl, TheMeteor, scf and 3 others liked this post

07-05-21
    I thought closing a thread would require an (or THE) administrator's input?

I wonder which MAGA
    Made
    Another
    Gutless
    Action

30. Likes notacop liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    RidaMile he did, I am trying to get it re-opend

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    ......I am trying to get it re-opend
    Thank you for your efforts Flook.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

33. Likes scf, Flook liked this post

07-05-21
    Quote Originally Posted by steve n rose View Post
    It all seems very un-christian.
    Agreed

10-12-22
    Motorcycle
    '13 F800GT
    Bewilderment is ceding to anger over this, a knee jerk reaction we can all be guilty of but what is abundantly clear the will of the forum members is the Wildwilly thread should not have been closed and should be reopened, having checked both the forum rules and the thread it's clear the Wildwilly thread stayed within the rules and so had no grounds for closure. Who is this forum for, the members or a moderator? Hypocrisy is the word that springs to mind.
    In the Garage 2013 BMW F800 GT,1994 BMW R80 RT,1986 BMW R80 GS,1999 Yamaha SR125
    Sorley missed Honda TLR200
    Enjoy the ride 

36. Likes IanA liked this post

Real Name
    Dave (yes, another Dave)
    10-10-22
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Motorcycle
    '08 F800ST
    Okay guy's try not to get too wound up here. I agree seeing a locked thread like this is not to every ones taste. I have sent the Administrator another request to open that thread, and it wont help any if any angst is shown here through frustration.

However I do have it in writing that the Admin will be taking a leave for a year, he says he will return in a years time to see how things are progressing. I am hoping that one or two of you may want to try the responsibility of this undertaking to become administrators. Preferably from different countries, even continents. This should in theory give a balanced Admin to this forum of intercontinental members.

I have noticed over the past few years the Admins have decreased to the point of one left, he had felt very aggrieved and had apparently taken it personally things mentioned around this F8 site. Some may be true but certainly not helpful. This came to a point when he had received some personal mail by post or snail mail as some may call it, which he considered inflammatory from Bill. I have had this confirmed to me by another member who was mentioned in that PM to me from Admin. So now you know what Admin (Daboo) is doing and the reasons why.

If you have any queries PM me, otherwise please just pay your respects to Bill (WildWilly) here.

Your good freind

Flook

38. Likes Richard230, IanA liked this post

01-12-22
    WildWilly, yourself and a few other members on this forum had the good sense to own, evaluate and recommend the Fxxx bikes early on and certainly guided people like me to follow along. Thank You! You've certainly left your tracks here. Tuck in and ride like the wind....
    XR1000

40. Likes TheMeteor, 308bever, IanA liked this post