Recommendations for low seat options for 2013 F800 GS - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Richard S.
    08-19-21
    Happy New Year!
    I am new to the F800 forum, having just bought a 2013 F8 GS, but I am wondering what folks think about the various options for low seats. Any you love? Any you sent back (did not love)? I see a lot of folks looking for low seats in the WTB (me included), but I don't see any reviews of the options out there. The factory "ironing board" seat has GOT to go, so any opinions on Seat Concepts, Corbin, Sargent (love the one on my F650 GS) Saddlemen or others for those of us who are "inseam challenged".

Thoughts? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Randy
    04-13-22
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    Motorcycle
    '10 F800 ST
    I don't know about a GS, but on my ST, Terry's seat is the best modification I ever made. Not only is it comfortable, but I suffer from a 29" inseam
    https://www.terryscustomseats.com/
    2010 F800ST 

07-31-22
    I am fortunate enough to live about an hour away from this place and could do a "ride-in" for a truly custom fit. I believe they do mail-in seats if you send them your info and lots of pictures of you sitting on your bike.

The thing is, they can make the seat lower, but it is also wider to maintain comfort. There is only so much foam they can cut out before you are sitting on the pan! So you might not gain the footing you are expecting.

https://www.legendarybms.com/
    2013 BMW F800GT, 2013 Triumph Bonneville, 2017 Honda CTX700D DCT