G450x Temperature Sensor - BMW S1000RR Riders Forum & Registry

Remove this advertisement by REGISTERING.

Real Name
    Ian
    09-20-21
    Hi All, any chance of any one having a temperature sensor that sits behind the radiator - BMW OEM Part # 12627711304 ? I have ordered a replacement from BMW HO New Zealand, but it is a 3 month delivery!!! I am desperate here in New Zealand. I have not been able to use my pride and joy for about 9 months now, as its been in the workshop for a "hard to start" issue, have now changed the fuel pump, a relay, an exhaust sensor, and am now told it is this sensor... so far, I am in for around NZ$1000.00 and it keeps climbing. I want to cry. PLEASE, anyone of you kind souls out there. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tim
    02-29-24
    Motorcycle
    '11 FE570
    Motorcycle
    '15 FE 501
    Motorcycle
    '77 Mc400
    Motorcycle
    '09 G450X
    Which 1 are you talking about?
    There are 2 basically and they both activate at 90° C. , the outboard switch position is the coolant temperature sensor that activates the radiators fan, the other one is the temperature switch 90° C. that is connected to the ECU and helps tell the engine when its hot or cold to adjust fuel mapping.

Real Name
    Ian
    09-20-21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tims1572 View Post
    Which 1 are you talking about?
    There are 2 basically and they both activate at 90° C. , the outboard switch position is the coolant temperature sensor that activates the radiators fan, the other one is the temperature switch 90° C. that is connected to the ECU and helps tell the engine when its hot or cold to adjust fuel mapping.
    Oh shyte, you got me! I am note sure which one. I was told by the workshop they need one. They have ordered from BMW New Zealand, but have been told its a 3 month delivery. I said to the workshop I will try get one. I done a bit of research and from my findings, yes, there are two, but they are the same (the schematics anyways). I am not sure if one is a "normally open" and the other a "normally closed" or both the same. Can you shed light? I have also approached a Germany company that has in stock, EU94 plus EU49 for shipping to NZ. FUKMEDAYS, thats heeps. BMW NZ has quoted NZ$135, still heeps for a sensor.
    Would you happen to have? Or can you get? Are you willing to get and post to me? I will do a PayPal payment to you for your efforts of course. Dammn, I have had nothing bit shyte with this bike from the time I purchased it, in 2017. It only had 28hrs on it. I know the owner, he is a good mate of mine. He and another mate bought them at the same time, but this mate took a tumble and got a fright. Thats where it ended, from 2010 to 2017, just stood in his store room, started it once in a while but no riding. It has a full "Speedbrain" plastics upgrade, Akro pipe, clear tank, etc etc. I road registered it in 2017, for the 1st time in NZ, and what a mission that was. I have to get the original paperwork from BMW HO NZ, take it for a "presale delivery inspection" as if it sold for the 1st time in NZ, then register it, get a plate and off I went. But it always had trouble starting. I replaced battery, fuel pump, tank fuel tank o-ring, oils, filters etc etc, and it still struggled. About 6 months ago I had had enough, searched around for an "excellent" workshop, and here I am...still have not managed to ride it. It now starts, (NZ$1000+++ later) but am told it needs temp sensor...
    I love it, its is special in many ways, super low hours, now about 36 only, I so want to ride and enjoy it, but I am shyte scared to go "too" far, as if it does not start, and I am in the back blocks of the wop wops, how do I get it home. Here on the South Island of NZ, we have heeps and heeps of Km's to ride, can go for days without seeing anyone, and that is the problem, oh, and zero cell cover once you away from a town.
    Mate, any help will be much appreciated, any.
    Thanks, ian

5. Remove Advertisements
    F800Riders.org
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ian
    09-20-21
    if it helps, the workshop said, the one that sits behind the radiator - so am guessing the one that is the temperature switch 90° C. that is connected to the ECU and helps tell the engine when its hot or cold to adjust fuel mapping.

Real Name
    Ian
    09-20-21
    Tim, you in Sedona? Man what a place - Church of the Holy Cross is FLW masterpiece. My wife and I cycled from Banff, Canada to Antelope Wells in 2019, that was a wow too. Been to AZ a good few times.

05-23-22
    Hi
    Are you still looking for that sensor?